A spicy, protein-packed vegan Chick*n Mince keema aloo made with VFC’s new chilled Chick*n Mince.
- 1 pack VFC Chilled Chick*n Mince
- 400g new potatoes
- 1 tbsp light olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 onion, diced into chunky pieces
- 2 whole thin hot green chillies, sliced lengthways part way through – (optional, if you like it spicy)
- 450g jar tomato-based curry sauce (such as balti/rogan josh or bhuna)
- 150g frozen peas
- Handful fresh coriander, chopped
- Naan bread or rice and a red onion salad to serve
- Peel or scrub the potatoes and cut into chunks approx 2cm. Boil or steam for about 5 minutes – they don’t need to be fully cooked, just about half done. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large pan (a deep frying pan is ideal) and fry the onion for 3 minutes.
- Add the VFC Chick*n Mince and fry for another few minutes until the mince and the onions are nicely golden.
- Add the potatoes, whole chillies (if using) and the curry sauce then bubble for 10-15 minutes or so until the potatoes are fully cooked through. You might need to add a splash of water.
- Stir in the peas and heat through thoroughly then throw in the coriander
Enjoy with steamed rice or naan bread and a little red onion salad on the side. Delicious!