Serves 2 (double stacked burgers)
For the burgers:
- 4 VFC Chick*n Fillets (original or spicy, you choose)
- 2-3 tbs vegan mayonnaise
- Few sprigs coriander, roughly chopped
- 2 vegan sourdough white buns
- Few lettuce leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp Kimchi, roughly chopped
For the sauce:
- 2 tsp thick gochujang paste
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
For the slaw:
- Handful Chinese leaf, very finely shredded
- 1 small carrot, grated
- ¼ green pepper, very thinly sliced
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- ½ lime, juiced
- Pinch sesame seeds
- Cook the VFC Chick*n fillets according to the pack instructions.
- Meanwhile prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Measure the gochujang, soy sauce, sugar, ketchup, garlic and
ginger into a small saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer for 2
minutes or so to make a nice glossy sauce. Add a small splash of
water if it gets a bit thick
- Mix the mayo with a little of the chopped coriander
- In another bowl mix the Chinese leaf, carrot and green pepper.
- Add the rice vinegar, sesame oil, lime juice, the rest of the
coriander and a few sesame seeds. Stir and set aside
- When the VFC fillets are almost ready, split and lightly toast the
buns. Spread some coriander mayo on the bases, followed by some
- Add one VFC fillet to each bun then add a spoonful of kimchi. Add
the second fillet and pile on some slaw. Pour over the warm sauce
then add the bun lids.
- Serve up with sweet potato fries and enjoy, rebels!