These Chinese-inspired lettuce wraps are the perfect light and healthy dinner, packed full of protein and flavour!
- 1 pack VFC frozen Chick*n Mince
- 150g basmati rice
- 1 Sweet/little gem lettuce (you’ll need 8-12 leaves)
- 100g fine green beans, halved
- 1-2 tbs olive oil, or sesame oil
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- 1-2 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Vegan dipping sauces, such as Korean BBQ, Hoisin and Ginger, Teriyaki or Sweet Chilli
- Cook the basmati rice with a pinch of salt, then drain and rinse in cold water then set aside and keep cool.
- Meanwhile, separate the lettuce leaves and wash them, then leave to dry.
- Heat a large frying pan and fry the green beans in a good splash of water over a medium heat for a couple of minutes until just starting to cook and the water has evaporated.
- Add 1-2 tbs oil to the pan with the green beans, throw in the VFC Chick*n Mince and red peppers and fry for a few minutes until golden and the beans are just tender.
- Add the spring onions and chilli and cook for another couple of minutes. Stir in the soy sauce.
- Arrange the lettuce leaves on a platter and add a spoonful of cooked rice to each one. Pile on some mince then scatter on some sesame seeds and serve with a dipping sauce on the side.
Then all you need to do is get stuck in. Pick up a lettuce cup and roll it up slightly then dip your sauce or choice. Delicious!