- A pack of VFC Popcorn Chick*n
- 300g of Macaroni pasta
- A pack of vegan bacon
- Fresh Chilli (optional)
- Sriracha (optional)
Vegan cheese sauce:
- 750ml vegetable stock
- 60g tapioca flour
- 140g cashew Nuts
- 120ml vegetable oil
- 2 tsp cider vinegar
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp salt
- 300g grated vegan cheese
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees (fan).
- Add all the cheese sauce ingredients (except the vegan cheese) to a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
- While blending the sauce cook the macaroni until al dente (don’t worry, it will continue to cook in the oven).
- Add the contents of the blender to a large, heavy bottomed saucepan and cook for approximately 10 mins while continuously stirring. Try not to let it stick to the bottom of the pan. You’ll know it’s ready once it’s thickened slightly and the turmeric doesn’t taste powdery any more.
- Take the saucepan off the heat and add 200g of the cheese and cooked macaroni and stir with a wooden spoon until the cheese is melted and it has all combined.
- Cook your vegan bacon until crispy and chop into 1cm strips.
- Tip the contents into a large baking dish, spread out evenly and sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top. Add your uncooked VFC Popcorn and cooked crispy bacon over the top and pop into a preheated oven and bake for 20 mins until the VFC is crispy and the cheese is melted and golden.
- We hit ours with fresh chillies and a drizzle of sriracha (optional) to spice it up.
- Serve up and enjoy!