- Pack of VFC fillets
- 400g short grain rice
- Sliced radish and spring onion
- Carrots, julienne
- Edamame beans
For The Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Garlic clove, crushed
- 2 Pieces of ginger, peeled + grated
- 1 Tsp. turmeric
- 2 Tbsp. mild curry powder
- 1 Tbsp. plain flour
- 300 ml veg stock
- 100 ml coconut milk
- 1 Tsp. light soy sauce
- Cook the VFC fillets following instructions on pack
- Whilst the fillets are cooking make the katsu sauce:
- Fry the finely chopped onion, garlic and chilli in vegetable oil until soft.
- Ensure the pan is on a low to medium heat to avoid burning anything.
- Add your spices and cook on a low to medium heat until fragrant.
- Add the flour to the pan and cook it off a bit, it’s this roux which will make your sauce deliciously thick and silky.
- Add the stock bit by bit, stirring as you go, followed by your coconut milk.
- Finish with your sugar and soy sauce. Leave to simmer.
- Cook your rice.
- Slice the VFC fillet and serve with the cooked rice, edamame beans, sliced
radish and julienne carrots.
- Pour the katsu curry sauce over.
- Sprinkle with the chopped spring onion.